Call for Action Event
Shropshire Children and Young People’s Cultural Consortium (SCYPCC) - Call for Action Event
Wednesday 21st October 2015, 3.30pm to 6.00pm @ The Hive, Shrewsbury
• Are you interested in developing the cultural offer for children and young people in your school?
• Do you want to learn more about how the arts can be used in the delivery of SMSC, supporting the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of your pupils?
• Do you want the opportunity to meet a range of local arts and cultural providers, from venues, arts organisations and festivals, who you can work in partnership with, to deliver cultural activity in your school?
SCYPCC, a recently formed network of arts and cultural organisations working with children and young people (aged 0-25) in Shropshire, would like to invite you to attend an event on Wednesday 21st October 2015, 3.00pm to 6.00pm @ The Hive, Shrewsbury.
The event will include key note presentations on:
• SCYPCC and the role of the consortium group in the development of the sector
• Latest research findings, profiling Shropshire’s current cultural offer for children and young people.
• Information on the newly launched Arts Council ‘Cultural Challenge’ for children and young people (Rebecca Blackman, Arts Council England)
• Worcestershire Arts Partnership Case Study – a successful Cultural Consortium, working with Children and Young People, across a rural county. (Steve Wilson, Worcester County Council).
• Arts, culture and creative activities in schools/education sector – from a schools perspective (Andrew Morrish, Head Teacher and Chief Executive of Victoria Academies Trust)
• Potential Children and Young People’s Arts Festival for Shropshire.
To book a place at the event, please contact:
Alexa Pugh, Arts Development Officer Shropshire Council
Tel: 01743 257731