Bereavement & Critical Incident
The Educational Psychology Service has a specialist team called "The Bereavement and Critical Incident Response Team"
Sheri Wright offers advice and guidance to adults caring for children and young people who have been bereaved, or who have experienced a traumatic event.
Such children rarely require "experts" counselling them and usually cope best when supported by familiar, trusted adults.
Guidance on what helps and how children normally react to the death of someone close or to a very frightening event, can be found in the attached documents:
- Common reations following traumatic event
- Guide for parents and carers to help children
- Guide for young people adapted for COVID-19
- Bereavement and critical incident support information
- Bereavement and Loss - Support for schools and local communities
Co-ordinator for the Bereavement and Critical Incident Response Team