The school retention schedule has been created to assist schools in the management of their records information in line with the current legislative frameworks. Each Public Authority (including individual schools) should have a records management policy. The school retention schedule can be adopted in its entirety, or adapted to reflect the different needs of different schools.
There is a legal requirement for Shropshire Council as a Public Authority to address compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implemented on May 2018. GDPR will replace the current UK Data Protection Act 1998 legislation. Therefore, the GDPR and its UK specific derogations will apply and the Council will need to implement the requirements of them accordingly. The school retention schedule has been updated to comply with GDPR. It will help to provide the Council and schools with a strong framework for managing compliance post May 2018.
A-Z of documents in this library
- Dfe Guidance Free School Meals Guidance Apr18 (pdf file, 156.8kb in size)
- Education Skills Schools Guidance 2021 (xlsx file, 40.4kb in size)
- IM Toolkit Early Years 2018 05 (pdf file, 417.8kb in size)
- IRMS Toolkit For Schools V5 (pdf file, 1.5mb in size)
- School Retention Schedule 2021 (pdf file, 494.3kb in size)