National Governors Association Development Programme
NGA Chairs’ and Clerks’ Development Programmes – starting Autumn 2019
The National Governance Association (NGA) has organised delivery of a Chairs’ Development Programme and a Clerks’ Development Programme in-County, to run at the Shirehall at the beginning of the Autumn term. Details are outlined in the attached flyers and bookings for Shropshire Cohorts are now available on the NGA website.
These courses are subsidised through DfE funding. The Chair’s Development Programme receives a £1,000 subsidy for two delegate places. The Clerks’ Development Programme will cost £75 if you take up DfE funding worth £350 against the full cost.
The National Governors Association has sent the following advice on registration to help you through the process:-
There is some guidance on what governors and clerks will need in order to complete the form in our FAQs here.
- In order to apply for the Development for Chairs or Development for Boards; the governor must have a Governor ID number, which they will have if they are registered on the Get Information About Schools website. If governors do not have a Governor ID number, there is some information about how to register details on Get Information About Schools.
- For Development for Chairs applicants will need to provide names, email addresses and phone numbers of two references who the Department for Education or its agent may contact. Referees may be, for example:
- the headteacher/ principal/ CEO or another member of the board/governing body
- a National Leader of Governance (NLG) or other external governance expert with regular contact with the board
- from the Local Authority, a local Teaching School Alliance, or a Department for Education Adviser or Regional Schools Commissioner regional office official.
- For the Development for Clerks programme, applicants will need to provide details of where the invoice for the £75 top up fee should be sent. If you are willing to pay for this please provide details which clerks can input when completing the registration form to them; including the name of the individual the invoice should be addressed to, the organisation name, and phone, email and postal contact details. £350 worth of DfE funding is available against the full cost of programme.