Welcome to the Upskill Shropshire page.
Schools are no doubt aware of the new Apprenticeship Levy introduced by the Government from April 2017.
HR have held workshops to inform schools about how they can now apply for levy funding for training costs for either new apprenticeship posts or for professional development for existing employees.
This page directs schools to the templates, guidance, timescales and further information about the school apprenticeships that are available, to enable them to make an application.
Schools who require more general information about the benefits of the levy funding, or whether they are eligible for funding through the levy, can access this information below - ‘Useful Information for school staff’. This document contains:
- Information for Headteachers and School staff
- The process for applying for training
- Benefits of apprenticeships for individuals and organisations
- Training categories
- Comparison of apprenticeship levels to other qualifications
Schools can also refer to the HR Apprenticeship slides to view the information that was shared at the Upskill school briefings.
Information about school apprenticeships and providers
Schools that require more detailed information about the type of apprenticeships available should refer to the ‘Education and learning specific apprenticeships’ document together with the list of ‘School apprenticeships’ and/or access the following link https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/apprenticeship-standards.
Schools can refer to the ‘List of school apprenticeship providers by category’ to see which providers the Upskill Shropshire Board have selected on their framework following a procurement exercise from the National Framework of apprenticeship providers. In the event that these providers are unable to meet the needs of an apprenticeship, other providers can be selected from the National Framework.
- Upskill Shropshire Business Case for Apprenticeship Training;
- Upskill Shropshire Recruitment Application Form for Schools;
- Upskill Shropshire Professional Development Application Form for Schools.
For new posts, an ‘Upskill Shropshire Business Case for Apprenticeship Training’ template for schools needs to be received by the deadlines shown in the ‘Application Timetable’.
For existing staff, an ‘Upskill Shropshire Business Case for Apprenticeship Training’ template together with an ‘Upskill Shropshire Professional Development Application Form for Schools’ completed by the applicant needs to be received by the deadlines shown in the ‘Application Timetable’.
Applications should be fully completed so that there is sufficient information for the Schools Levy Approval Committee to consider before forwarding the application to the Upskill Board for final approval.
For further information about the Apprenticeship Levy and/or the application for funding for training please contact:
Kate MacDonald, Graduate/Apprenticeship Manager, 01743 258521
Louise Smith, HR Business Partner, 01743 254204
Liz Chadderton, Graduate/Apprenticeship Support Officer, 01743 254489
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
- HR Apprenticeship Slides (ppt)
- Useful Information For School Staff (pdf)
- Upskill Professonal Development Application Form For Schools V2 (doc)
- Upskill Shropshire Business Case For Apprenticeship Training Funding V2 (doc)
- Upskill Recruitment Application Form For Schools October 2017 V2 (doc)
- Upskill Shropshire Education And Learning Specific Apprenticeships January 2018 V3 (docx)
- Upskill Timetable For Applications 2020 (xlsx)
- Covid19 Apprenticeship Faqs V4 (docx)